Sale-A-Bration Flower & Field Scrapbook Layout


Alright, I must be crazy! I designed another scrapbook layout fussy cutting images from the Sale-A-Bration Flower & Field Designer Series Paper. This paper is GORGEOUS in real life. I love all the bold designs & bright colors. 

Did you know? You can receive this paper FREE with any qualifying purchase of $50 or more when you shop my online store. You get 12 sheets (2 each of 6 double-sided designs) 12" x 12".  

Coordinating Colors include: Basic Black, Bumblebee, Cherry Cobbler, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Just Jade, Misty Moonlight, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Shaded Spruce, and So Saffron.


For the base layer, I used 12" x 12" Just Jade cardstock. I then cut a sheet of 12" x 12" Petal Pink cardstock down to 11 3/4" x 11 3/4". Leaving a 1/4" from the edge. Trim the So Saffron Polka Dot Design from the Designer Series Paper down another 1/4" inch. Be sure to repeat these steps for the other side. 


For the center of the page, I cut an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of Whisper White Cardstock down to 10 1/2". I adhered this on top of the So Saffron Polka Dot design leaving approximately 1 1/4" from the top & bottom. Next, I cut a 7/8" x 9 3/8"strip of  Pool Party Cardstock. I randomly stamped the tiny flower from the A Touch of Ink Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set in Pool Party. Adhere the strip leaving 1/8' from the vertical side and 7/8" horizontally from the top & bottom of the So Saffron Polka Dot Paper. Cut a 7/8" x  9" of  coordinating Basic Black Polka Dot Paper. Glue this over the top of the Whisper White Cardstock & Pool Party Stamped Floral Strip. I left approximately 1/2" from the vertical side so the stamped images would show. Next, cut the bold flower DSP down to 6" x 10 7/8". Adhere this paper onto the whisper white cardstock overlapping the Black Polka Dot Paper. The last step is to cut a strip of the Herringbone Pattern 1" x 6". Adhere the strip horizontally underneath the flower pattern. It's okay if they don't line up perfectly together. The ribbon will cover up any flaws. 



I'm not sure if you noticed, but I stamped the leaves using the A Touch of Ink Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set. This requires two steps. First, stamp the outside of the image in Tuxedo Memento Black Ink. Then stamp the inside of the leaves with Shaded Spruce Ink. Once complete, fussy cut the image. I think it added a little extra dimension to the page. Plus, I love the "water color" look. 




This side of the page includes the beautiful butterfly featured in the A Touch of Ink Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set. I stamped the outline of the butterfly in Tuxedo Memento Black Ink and then colored the wings using Stampin' Blends in the following two colors: Mango Melody & Cherry Cobbler. I used Bronze for the body. 

The daisy was fussy cut directly from the DSP. This side also features a Petal Pink flower branch that can be created the same way as the leaves mentioned above.



The right side of the page features a "bouquet" of flowers cut directly from the coordinating DSP. I added Linen Thread behind the bouquet. Helpful Hint: use Stampin' Dimensionals to help secure the Linen Thread in place.



I wanted to add some sparkle to the page so I included the new Blushing Bride 3/8" Metallic Ribbon. It adds a touch of gold and shine to the layout. 

This layout will showcase a 4" x 6", 3" x 4", and (2) 4" x 4" photos. 

Have fun creating!



Comments