Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop February 2019

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you had a great Holiday weekend. When I think of the month of February the thought of love always comes to my mind!  


Welcome to the Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop! 
I'm so glad you stopped by! 


Here is my February Home Decor Project. I found this heart-shaped chalkboard sign at my local Target Store. Anyone else feel like you need to put blinders on every time you walk by the Dollar Spot section? I'm convinced there's a reason why they put those AMAZING DEALS at the front of the store! 


First, I started by applying "love" using the Love Heart transfer by Chalk Couture. I then used Chalkology Paste in the Color Cherry Blossom. One of the perks of the paste is that it's completely washable. No need to panic if you make a mistake! Simply wipe the board clean with a damp cloth and then reapply. Here's another tip: Be sure to wax your surface with a finishing wax BEFORE you apply the silk transfer. This only applies to non-Chalk Couture surfaces.


Next, I cut a total of six hearts in three designs (2 of each design) from the All My Love DSP. I used the largest narrow nesting heart from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies. I also cut out three mini hearts in Lovely Lipstick cardstock from the smallest narrow nesting hearts. 


Once you have your heart die cuts, take one from each design, and score down the center of the heart. Gently fold it over. Add a tiny amount of liquid glue along the backside of the crease. Center the heart on top of the other heart making sure the cutout images lineup. Gently refold the heart so it adds dimension like seen in the picture above.  



Last but not least, cut approximately 8" of the Lovely Lipstick 1/2" with white stitched edge from the All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack. Tie a bow. 

Don't forgot to tour the entire blog hop (click on the list of names below)


Have a lovely day!

Comments

Sara Levin said…
Cute piece Rae Jean! Love that you add dimension to your embellishments.
What a fun piece! I love the contrast between the black and to pinks!
Leonie Schroder said…
oh my gosh I love this Rae Jean! I think I need to make me one!
Such a beautiful piece, love the black with those papers, stunning, TFS