Halloween Coffin Wreath


Hi everyone! As most of you know, I'm a HUGE fan of Halloween! I love watching scary movies, dressing up in a fun costume, and handing out candy to all the neighbor kids. Another thing I love is decorating for Halloween. So when I saw the coffin wreath on page 52 of the Holiday Catalog I knew I had to try to create it. I'm not going to lie, it's a little time consuming to put together, but definitely worth it in the end! I can't wait to enjoy it for years to come. The main feature of the wreath is these AMAZING Coffin Treat Boxes. 



To start you will need 2 packages of the Coffin Treat Boxes. Emboss 12 lids with the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder. Once complete, assemble all 24 Coffin Treat Boxes with Tear and Tape. To keep the lids from falling off, place a small amount of Mulipurpose Liquid Glue on the inside of all sides of the lids. 

For the distressed look, I randomly sponged the top of the coffin boxes with Copper, Gold, and White ink. Allow the ink to dry between each color. Next, place the scroll patterned Basic Pattern Decorative Mask over a non-embossed coffin. You will then use a sponge dauber and sponge a small section using Gold Delicata Ink. I focused more on the upper & lower corner of each lid (as seen above). Repeat as necessary.  

Place the coffins in the shape of a ring, alternating with plain and embossed lids (as pictured above). You can use either a Hot Glue Gun or Tear and Tape to the long section (sides) of each coffin box. Carefully line up the bottom edge with the neighboring coffin and press together firmly while the glue dries. Repeat for each coffin until the wreath is complete. 

To make it more sturdy, you can add several small strips of cardboard that measure 1" x 6" along the backside. Be sure to place them diagonally across 4 coffins. Don't forget to create a hanger for the wreath using 3" of the Basic Black 3/8" Scalloped Ribbon. 





You can decorate the front how ever you want using the Monster Bash Designer Series Paper, Basic Black 3/8" Scalloped Ribbon, and Ornate Dies. I punched one of the haunted houses out using the Starburst Punch and then die cut two Basic Grey Ornate Frames using the Large Square Ornate Die. I curled two strips of Designer Series Paper around a skewer. For the ribbon loop, cut 1 yard (3 feet) of ribbon, loop it three times and gather in the center to create a bow. With the remaining ribbon cut 4 pieces that are approximately 4" in length. Hot glue everything into place. 

I hope you have fun creating this SPOOKTACULAR Halloween project! 


Comments