Stripping Technique using the Retiring Color Spritzer Tool
Have I got a fun technique for you this Memorial Day Weekend!
It's called Stripping (aka. Mosiac Strips)
Definition: Various designs of paper strips combined and die-cut.
1. Select a large punch or die-cut such as the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die (#114507 $21.95).
2. Select scraps from a package of Designer Series Paper (this works best since the patterns and colors are all designed to work together) or other scraps of patterned paper.
3. Cut Designer Series Paper into 1/2" and 3/4" wide strips.
4. Cut scrap card stock slightly larger than die or punch shape. Cover entire surface of card stock with Anywhere Glue Stick (#104045 $3.95 for 2 sticks).
5. Working quickly so glue doesn't dry, layer strips of paper at a diagonal across card stock, alternate sizes and colors. Cut or tear off strips at edges.
6. Die cut or punch. Add to project.
7. This is fun colorful technique that can also be done with monochromatic colors or strips of card stock (no punches if using card stock). It is also a great way to use up scraps that you just can't throw away! Have fun experimenting!
RETIRED ACCESSORY LIST: Sadly the Color Spritzer Tool (#107066) is currently on the retired accessory list. It is such a simple tool to use (there's an insert for placing a marker with adjusting screw nozzle). It also gives you a great "airbrush" effect. I went a little bolder on this card. I like how you can just add a subtle amount or go as bold as you want depending on how close you hold the tool to your project. It’s great for card making, scrapbooking, and all types of paper crafting. This is a must have for your creative "tool belt!". Hurry, and order it today! The retired accessory list is only available while supplies last!
View all the Retired Products Here.