Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop Sept 2018

 Happy Fall Y'All! I'm so excited to be participating in the Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop today! 


Don't forget to check out the other blog hop participants!

Here are my Autumn Decor Projects. I found these adorable wood serving trays at my local Target Store in the dollar bin section. They come in a variety of different shapes including the ones you see here (Pumpkin & Leaf). I thought they would make a charming accent piece to a wall or front door for the upcoming Fall season. I hope you like them! 


If you haven't added the Large Letters Framelits Dies (#141712, $99.00) to your crafting collection you are missing out! I use these A LOT! Especially for card making and shadow boxes. Did you know they also have a matching Photopolymer Stamp Set?  


Notice how the side of the wood pumpkin sign was painted orange? I used Pumpkin Pie for my color inspiration when designing the base of the Fall banner pennants. The Country Lane Designer Series Paper (#147804, $11.00) from the Country Lane Suite found on pg. 43 in the Holiday Catalog had a perfect design for layering. See all those mini pumpkins! The banner can also be removed and switched out with a different one if I decide to change the greeting later on. 


One of my top ten product picks from the new Holiday Catalog is the 3/16" Braided Linen Trim (#147808, $7.00). I love the thickness compared to the regular Linen Thread.


Want to add depth and texture to your design? Crumple one of the leaf die cuts in your hand.  


 Again, the sides of the leaf sign were already painted in a light teal color. I instantly thought of Mint Macaron! I also incorporated Blackberry Bliss and Crushed Curry to add just a "Pop" of color. 


And for the final touch, I added a little bling (Gold Mini Sequin Trim (#144128, $6.00)! I'm still sad the acorn punch retired. I hope you find some wonderful Autumn Decor inspiration after checking out all the blogs!  

Please feel free to leave a comment below to let me know which one is your favorite. Have a great day!

Comments

I love them both! Hadn't thought to decorate for Autumn (Fall), but will certainly go make some fun decor after seeing your projects 😊
Angélique said…
Love your project! Fall is my fave season of all because of all the beautiful colors Mother Nature gives us.
Wish we had a Target though ;-)
Anna said…
What a great idea to repurpose serving trays - they look amazing!